Stress is inevitable, especially if you operate your own business. Thus, you need a massage therapist Toowoomba has every now and then. However, if you want more than just relaxation, reflexology is something you should try.
Reflexology is a method of applying gentle pressure on your feet, hands, ears and face. It aims to trigger thousands of nerve endings, which elicits effects on different body parts.
And that’s how it can help relieve yourself from stress.
How reflexology eliminates stress from your body
Think of your body as an entire map connected by nerves. For example, each of your toes connects to ten specific zones throughout your body. A reflexology massage therapist will apply pressure on your toes to trigger such zones.
That’s why reflexology Toowoomba massage focuses only on your extremities. It includes your feet, hands, face, and ears. It gives the therapist access to thousands of nerve endings, which in turn lets them stimulate various body parts.
Identifying imbalances and root causes of discomforts
Stress and discomforts probably mean there are imbalances in your body. However, the root cause of the discomfort or pain you feel is not necessarily located on the painful area. That’s why some pains and aches persist no matter how much you massage an area.
Reflexology experts in Queensland can help pinpoint the location of such imbalances. Having this skill, they can address the main cause of the problem.
When you undergo a reflexology Greenslopes massage, a therapist will locate such imbalances first. Then, they will trigger the zones through your extremities to restore the balance. It might be possible that you need to undergo around five sessions to achieve complete relief.
More benefits reflexology can give
Aside from stress relief, reflexology can also bring other positive effects. However, you need to find the best reflexology massage therapist Toowoomba has for these perks.
- It promotes better blood circulation throughout the body, which reduces high blood pressure and enhances cell growth and regeneration.
- Reflexology proves effective in dealing with rheumatoid arthritis. Many patients say they feel 40% lesser pain after sessions.
- Reflexology can also address common psychological problems, such as anxiety and depression. The relaxation calms the body, mind, and emotions.
- It is also good for cancer patients who undergo chemotherapy. It reduces symptoms they experience, such as pain, diarrhea, constipation and nausea.
- Pregnant women can also benefit from reflexology for prenatal care. It helps reduce pain, discomfort and pressure after the first trimester. It helps the baby relax as well.
- Considerations before having reflexology massage
Reflexology is great; however, take note that you can’t have it if you have cuts, bruises and fractures on your hands and feet. You should also avoid it when you have an ingrown toenail, varicose veins and athlete’s foot.
Other than those, you are good to go for reflexology sessions in Queensland. But be sure to find a reliable massage therapist Toowoomba has for quality service.
And if you don’t have any idea where to go to Queensland, NaturalHealthTherapy.com.au can help you. They offer reflexology, kinesiology, massage therapy and other natural therapies. And these are all for your relief and wellness. They also offer aromatherapy with essential oils Greenslopes has today.